The Mission of the CUNY High Performance Computing Center (HPCC)
The mission of CUNY High Performance Computing Center (HPCC) is to advance the University’s educational and research mission by providing advanced high-performance computing technology resources and corresponding technical assistance to CUNY faculty and students. The HPCC has a central role in the support of initiatives in economic development and provides assistance with sustaining intellectual growth by interacting with local and regional industries and the scientific community.
- Makes available to faculty and students, state of the art HPCC resources and expert technical assistance in support of University’s research and educational activities.
- Assures advancement of national, State and City of New York initiatives in economic development and collaboration with the commercial sector.
- Supports CUNY and CSI’s educational outreach programs designed to encourage intermediate and high school students to pursue higher education and careers in science and technology.
- Assists the small businesses and companies of Staten Island and neighboring regions in their economic growth in the present competitive job market by providing training and access to the center’s capabilities that facilitate computational and big data analyses.
- Assists with development of proposals that make use of the HPCC resources.